Thematic Equity Strategies
Discretionary Asset Management
Forefront manages discretionary assets for select institutional and ultra-high net worth family clients. Additionally, we directly manage hedge fund beta strategies designed to access alternative risks as portfolio diversifiers. Our mandates are typically customized to serve the investment purposes of our clients, and, where appropriate, we serve in a fiduciary role under ERISA.
Risk Managed Allocations
Global Multi-Asset (Endowment Style)
The Forefront Risk-Managed Allocation (RMA) Global Multi-Asset (Endowment Style) Model utilizes a multi-asset diversified portfolio construction and management approach similar to that pursued by large institutions. The model attempts to expand the number of asset classes and risks present by including alternative investments, real asset, and energy/infrastructure classes in addition to more traditional equity and fixed income exposures. The model uses volatility forecasts and risk rebalancing across adjacent allocations to seek to capture long-term volatility within a range. In addition the model employs proprietary timing signals designed as a second layer of protection against significant equity-led drawdowns.
Dynamic Growth (Enhanced Traditional)
The Forefront Risk-Managed (RMA) Dynamic Growth Model is intended to capture the risks and returns of assets associated with economic growth through exposure to equities and equity-like instruments while incorporating other diversifying exposures, such as fixed income, commodities, and alternatives. The model uses volatility forecasts and risk rebalancing across adjacent allocations to seek to capture long-term volatility within a range In addition, the model employs proprietary timing signals, designed as a second layer of protection against significant equity-led drawdowns. The risk posture for this portfolio is more aggressive, implying a willingness to assume a significantly above-average amount of market risk and volatility or possible loss of principal for potentiated returns.
The Forefront Risk-Managed Allocation Risk Balanced Model invests in a number of diversifying assets including equities, fixed income, commodities, and alternatives. Risk balancing is the design philosophy of the model. Assets are allocated so that the risk each asset contributes to the total risk of the model falls within broad design ranges. No asset class is allowed to dominate the target risk profile of the model. Equities are targeted to contribute approximately 40% of the total model volatility, while the remaining 60% is allocated across fixed income, commodities and alternative assets. It differs from Risk Parity in that our approach explicitly incorporates alternatives and does not require equal risk contributions of asset classes. The model uses volatility forecasts and risk rebalancing across adjacent allocations to seek to capture long-term volatility. The risk posture for this portfolio is more aggressive, implying a willingness to assume a significantly above-average amount of market risk and volatility or possible loss of principal for potentiated returns.
The Tiresias Healthcare Strategy
Developed by a team of medical researchers and investment managers, the Forefront Tiresias Healthcare Strategy is a factor-based, concentrated public equity strategy that blends a quantitative and qualitative approach across four key sub-sectors in U.S. healthcare with an emphasis on therapeutics
While the catalyst to launch the strategy was COVID Pandemic after a several of years of development and incubation, it aims to leverage the resulting evolution of the healthcare landscape that is poised to offer opportunities based not only liquidity and fear, but also heightened research and development activity, changing political intervention, and a cycle of breakthroughs and innovation. With these sector dynamics driving the underlying regime, the strategy seeks to apply Forefront’s factor extension methodology and alternative beta risk exposures in an attempt to take advantage of this new and evolving environment.
Minority-Owned Asset Managers
StoneRidge Investment Partners offers equity management to institutional investors. StoneRidge was formed in 1999 and restructured in 2009. When Steven Sanders was named CEO & Chief Investment Strategist, Mr. Sanders and founding partners, Philip Brown, President and Joseph Stocke, Chief Investment Officer, continue to guide and lead our organization in providing asset management services to our clients.
Forefront Analytics, LLC has an ownership interest in StoneRidge Investment Partners, LLC. Please see Forefront Analytics, LLC Disclosure Brochure for an overview of our relationship interests.
Want to Learn more?
Ready to get started? Reach out to the Forefront Analytics team today and we’d be happy to answer any questions or provide additional information on our available services.